|Hair color||Dirty blonde|
|Episode Eliminated||"Total Drama Lakeside Presents: The Ridonculous Lake"|
|Family||Mother (deceased), father, twin brother|
|Enemies||Artemis, Boris, Christian, Erica, Frances, Graham, Kelsey, Roald, Suvir, Whitney, Chris McLean, Chef Hatchet, Don, Smoothie Guy, Hippo, a barista, a redheaded elementary school teacher, a large group of middle schoolers including Francine|
Since her youth, Kaitlin has dreamed of achieving stardom on the big screen, although her path to "fame" has been a rocky one. Her childhood was rough, especially since she was forced to wear a back brace all through high school due to her scoliosis, which earned her loads of mockery from her peers. After a year studying at a surprisingly prestigious college, she dropped out due to thinking her up-and-coming career as an actress/comedienne would be more sustainable... it wasn't. Kaitlin is incredibly unfunny, her comedic timing is completely off, and she can't get through more than two jokes during her stand-up comedy routines without gagging or dry-heaving. She's created multiple "characters" who she uses for various auditions, but most of them are based on offensive ethnic stereotypes. She'll also take any opportunity she can get to be on television, which has led to her getting drunk in public and making a fool of herself on camera numerous times just so she'll be noticed online. However, Kaitlin is extremely insecure on the inside as she feels like she'll never get any sort of positive attention. She's also very sensitive and gets angry and violent easily, especially when she thinks someone is trying to steal her thunder.
Kaitlin joined Total Drama because she figured it'd take her one step closer to succeeding in Hollywood.
- Kaitlin is based on Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds from the TV series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Her name is a shout-out to the character's actress, Kaitlin Olson. I was going to name her Dee or Deandra, but wanted her to appear as a distinct character since she'd been aged down 10-20 years.
- She and Artemis were two of the last characters thought up for the story. After creating more complex female characters like Erica, Kelsey, and the like, I figured I needed some female comic relief to even the playing field a little bit, and It's Always Sunny seemed to be the perfect well of inspiration.
- Kaitlin was originally supposed to get 10th instead of Artemis, and I switched their placings a few chapters in. I figured Artemis was a lot more esoteric of a character, while Kaitlin was far more versatile and easier to write for.
- After that, her placing was bumped up all the way to 4th place, but upon reaching the endgame I felt like Kaitlin, a complete joke character with barely any semblance of a plot, stuck out like a sore thumb against the other five remaining, so I booted her in 6th.