Hey, I'm somehow the oldest active wikian currently I think, in that I joined what was originally known as the Total Drama Island Fanon Wiki in something like January 2009 after discovering the Total Drama Island wiki about a month prior.
I floated around as an IP address for a month, incorrectly adding to people's stories and generally being a weird, 9-year-old jerk in a sea of users who seemed impossibly older than me but were probably only like 13 or 14 at the time. Since then, I've seen the average user age roughly catch up to me and eventually just kind of stagnate, I guess because Total Drama didn't have the staying power of a lot of other cartoons.
At this point the wiki has a few separate communities and none are all that active out…Read more >
this is some stuff I watched in the last few weeks, mostly a couple movies, not really anything special, and my opinions on it
I came into this movie like feb 19th as a suggestion from my pal toadgamer80 and I came away a little surprised at how much I really enjoyed it? and how that like for it hasn't gone away over the past few weeks. I had heard of scott pilgrim before but only was vaguely aware of it. basically what I knew about it was:
- that pretty good song by Metric that's in the film, somewhere, I guess
- it's Canadian
- edgar wright did it, master of visual comedy and stuff
- Video Games™
and...idk, I'm a fan of all those things, but I'm not like, the world's biggest fan. I suppose what makes this one work so well for me, specifically, is the …
Read more >
Half-naked women get thousands of likes. How about some for our boys in blue?Read more >
Using this as a source.
1. St. Vincent and The Grenadines - obviously Vincent, as the only actual widely-popular first name, comes first on the list. Grenadine kind of works, but I mean, not really
2. St. Lucia - again, Lucia profits from being an actual first name
3. Saint Martin - screw it, I'll throw this in there as well
4. Saint Barthélemy - apparently this is a place? And it has double the population of Montserrat. huh, you wouldn't know. But Bart is a suitable nickname for this
5. Martinique - I actually think this kind of works, obviously it'd have to be for like, an African-American lady, but idk
6. Trinidad and Tobago - I knew a pair of siblings with these names and they sound infinitely more plausible than anything below it
Read more >
What’s going to happen when I have a kid and that kid, at 16, at 15, is going out to parties, rubbing elbows with some chill dudes, going over to their houses, learning how to drive early, getting their braces off, getting good grades, going to the college of their dreams. Am I going to get jealous?
I’m 16, and I have a whole life ahead of me, and at this stage I can change at any time--but change from the status quo is really, really hard to do a lot of the time, especially when I don’t control my own destiny because in my house at the same time as me is a father who stays submerged in the status quo, like a brick attached to me, who doesn’t want to change and who doesn’t want me to screw up his routine or let me go. And swimming above, be…Read more >